dont miss these news
Moments worth reflecting on
A truly great photograph is one that captures a human reaction at just the right moment. It not only reveals what the subject of the photo was feeling, but elicits a similarly strong emotion in the viewer. Add the context behind these iconic images and they're profoundly unforgettable.
1. This young man was photographed at the exact moment doctors turned on his first hearing aid.
2. The now infamous "Tank Man" photo during the Tiananmen Square Massacre in 1989. What happened to this brave protester after the government crackdown is still unknown.
3. A protester takes a moment to make music during demonstrations in Kiev, Ukraine.
4. A man breaks into tears as he watches Nazi troops occupy Paris on June 14, 1940.
5. A small child tries desperately to pick up his drunken father.
6. Gravestones of a married couple in Roermond, Netherlands. She was Catholic, he was a Protestant.
7. This six-year-old orphan rejoices over a pair of new shoes after WWII.
other popular news